February 13, 2011

Come to the Table: A Passover Seder for Parish Use

Jesus invited everyone to the table. And so, taking this sacred invitation very seriously, I created Come to the Table: A Passover Seder for Parish Use.

What you see here is an image of the cover designed by Doug Cordes (@dougcordes) for the newly revised edition of a Christian Passover seder (trans: order) embraced by parishes throughout North America since 2005 .

I first created this haggadah (trans: telling) for use by Roman Catholic Christians but, as I've explained in more detail over at dotMagis, change happens.

Having been raised Jewish and seeking baptism as an adult, I've always understood:
  • in Jesus of Nazareth, God's "whole human experience" was Jewish; and
I now have Twitter in general and @Virtual_Abbey (more specifically) to thank for my growing commitment to ecumenicism.

Daily conversations with all my sisters and brothers in Christ -- not just other Roman Catholics -- has greatly enriched my ongoing spiritual formation. Instead of simply fixing some instructions and correcting typos, I revised this liturgy for use by any Christian congregation hoping to deepen its appreciation of Passover in the life of Jesus.

My hope and prayer is that in addition to enhancing the holy seasons of Lent and Easter, Come to the Table serves as a reminder that we are all one in Christ Jesus.

#PBWY,
Meredith Gould

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tres interessant, merci